(That’s my job!)
Here are some goals that I hope to achieve in 2012:
- Run at least 3 5K’s.
- Run those races right and injury free.
- Run at least one 5K in 30 minutes or less. Ha, I sound like a pizza delivery promise.
- Lose at least 20 lbs. I can definitely stand to lose more than that, but aiming low.
- Talk and run at the same time. I can do that now, but it currently sounds like this: “So…huff, huff, huff, the other day I…huff, gasp, pant…ordered a triple thick shake…gasssssssp, huff, huff, gasp, arghhh, huff…” Ok, it’s not THAT bad, but I would really like it if I could have a normal conversation with a running partner without all that extraneous huffing and puffing.
- Find a running partner! Run with other runners! A friend is kindly letting me use her jogging stroller so Luca will be my default running partner when the weather warms up again, but hopefully I won’t shy away from asking a fellow runner to run with me. I realized that I know a number of people that are runners or use running to stay in shape. I hope not to be too intimidated by their skill level and take the initiative to reach out to them for a run. Or possible join a local running club? I probably could learn a thing or two, or three from their experiences.
- Complete my current training plan with out aggravating my troublesome knee. I’m in week two of my 9 week training plan.
- Run outdoors more but not neglect the treadmill.
Those are my goals for now. I will update and adjust the goals as needed. I rather set my goals a little low than too high so that I don’t burn myself out. For example, if I lose 20 lbs, I’ll increase the goal. If I run 3 5K’s and still have plenty of time left in the year, I’ll do more, or maybe try a 4-Miler. I’m trying to be realistic. Gone are the days where I could have vested a lot of time to running. Now, I have my sweet 7 mth old, other family responsibilities, and activities to factor in to my daily schedule. Plus, I already managed to injure myself once and really need to refrain from doing that again. Slow and steady. Quality over quantity. Insert other applicable cliches here.
What are some of your goals that you hope to achieve in 2012 – whether it’s running related or not? What would you like to see happen in the New Year?